UCF Placement Tests and University Testing Center Accommodations
Students with disabilities seeking accommodations for several University Testing Center (UTC) exams or some UCF placement exams must request approval from SAS first. Not all exams offered through UTC can have accommodations approved through SAS. Please contact UTC to inquire about how to get approval for accommodations for exams that SAS cannot approve. Students not currently connected with SAS will need to submit appropriate documentation to SAS for review.
To request accommodations for the Math Placement Test, Chemistry Placement Test, Computer Science Placement Test, Accuplacer (CPT), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Foreign Civic Literacy Exam (FCLE), Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS), Grammar Proficiency Exam (GPE), Biology Exit Exam, Economics Exit Exam, Political Science Exit Exam, Chemistry Exit Exam, Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), or WritePlacer students must submit:
- A completed request for accommodations form: UTC & Placement Test Accommodations Request Form
- And ONE of the following if not already connected to SAS:
- Documentation indicating the student took the SAT with accommodations.
- A copy of the student’s IEP or 504 Plan indicating test accommodations were part of the plan.
- Other medical documentation that establishes a student has a disability and needs the requested testing accommodations. When reviewed, SAS will determine if testing accommodations are supported by the documentation before approving for application on the exam.
Please allow up to 5 business days to complete your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Accommodations approval for the Placement Tests and other UTC exams does NOT result in students being connected with SAS for UCF course accommodations. To receive academic accommodations for courses, students with disabilities must follow the steps to Get Connected to Student Accessibility Services.
If you have any questions regarding the Math or Chemistry Placement test, more information can be found at the Placement Test website. Information regarding the Accuplacer can be found on the University Testing Center website.
To request an accommodation verification letter for a UTC test that SAS cannot approve accommodations for, please complete the following form:
To request for an SAS staff member to review if we can complete the FTCE/FELE Institutional Verification Form, please complete the following form: