UCF Placement, Graduate Record Exams (GRE), and Professional Exam Accommodation Requests
Students with disabilities seeking accommodations for most University Testing Center (UTC) tests must request approval from SAS. Students not currently registered may need to submit appropriate documentation to SAS for review.
Students requesting accommodations for Placement Tests must submit a completed request for accommodations form and one of the following:
- Documentation indicating the student took the SAT with accommodations. When received and approved, this documentation is ONLY for Placement Test accommodations.
- A copy of the student’s IEP or 504 Plan indicating test accommodations were part of the Plan. When received and approved, this documentation is ONLY for Placement Test accommodations.
- Documentation that meets SAS guidelines. When reviewed, SAS will determine if testing accommodations are supported by the documentation before approving for application on the Placement Test. Any documentation meeting the SAS criteria will be determined eligible for registration with SAS. Information on how to register will be mailed to the students.
Students seeking accommodations for graduate entrance or professional certification exams must have documentation on file with SAS that meets the criteria outlined by the third-party exam administrator. The following list of agencies is not all-inclusive:
- Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- ACT and ACT Plus
- Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) and Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE)
- GRE and The Praxis Series
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
If the exam or agency you are requesting accommodations for is not listed, please check with the agency to determine what information you would need to provide (i.e. completed form or letter from SAS).
Accommodations approval for the Placement Tests does not result in students being registered with SAS for accommodations in courses. To receive academic accommodations for courses students with disabilities must be registered with Student Accessibility Services.
If you have any questions regarding the Math or Chemistry Placement test, more information can be found here: Placement Test website. Information regarding the Accuplacer (Computer Placement Test (CPT)) can be found on the University Testing Center website.
To request accommodations at UTC for the Math Placement Test, Chemistry Placement Test, Accuplacer (CPT), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS), Grammar Proficiency Exam (GPE), Biology Exit Exam, Economics Exit Exam, Political Science Exit Exam, or Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) please complete the following form:
To request for Certification of Eligibility for the GRE, please complete the following form:
To request an Accommodation Verification letter for the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT), ACT or ACT Plus, Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE), Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (MCAT), Dental Admissions Test (DAT), National Counsel of examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), or another exam, please complete the following form: